Thursday, May 17, 2012

drinking cards

howdy.
this week has been busy.

the weekend was straight up insane.
friday was spent making an absurd amount of jello shots for a good friend's graduation party the next night.
of course, as i was happily converting our kitchen into a liquor and gelatin covered chemistry lab, the BF's mother called.

BF's mom: hi honey! what are you up to?
me: uh...making jello shots. ...what are YOU doing??

she was not making jello shots.
hopefully this doesn't permanently damage my standing with them.
but. if there's one life lesson i've learned, it is this: one never lies to mothers.
BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS KNOW.

my brother and i have discussed this many times. my mother can sense a disturbance in the force, and there really is no use trying to lie to her.
like the time she called after i'd received my first bonus from work, approximately a million years ago.

my mother: hi bao-bei. how are you doing? anything new?
me: no...nothing new at all.
my mother: really? nothing?
me: no. nothing. OK FINE I JUST BOUGHT A MOTORCYCLE.
my mother: HAH I KNEW IT. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??


but i digress.

saturday started way earlier than was sensible. we went to the farmer's market and then to a craft fair called craftstravaganza in st. paul. it was amazing. i was so excited i was incoherently just throwing money at people in exchange for cute things.
the second half of the day started with some mild head trauma (my bedroom door frame decided to fall on top of me) and ended with us getting kicked out of the aforementioned graduation party that night. these things happen. all in all, a pretty awesome time.

anyway, one of my favorite vendors at craftstravaganza was keli of colette paperie. she had the best cards ever. as we were chatting, she mentioned that she should really have a category called "drinking," since a lot of her cards dealt with drinking. or more specifically, the aftermath of drinking.
WHAT A GOOD IDEA.
seriously. not only is it a new usage occasion, it brings in new consumers to the category: guys.
it is sheer brilliance.

so i went home and made some.

IMG_4370 

outside:
IMG_4373
look, it happens to all of us.

inside:
IMG_4376 


outside:IMG_4377

inside:IMG_4381


and, if your degeneracy is more creative than i am:IMG_4385
fill in the blank!


ok hope everyone had a great week, full of safe travels and lots of food.
and that's it kbye.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

These are fantastic! I laughed so hard. I should get one for the next time I need to apologize for drunken behavior...

Erica said...

hahahahahah omg I can't stop laughing.

Erica said...

do you not allow pins from your blog? I was trying to pin the card and it wouldn't let me :(

BellsInSpires said...

@Jenn - hah thanks! i figure these are good cards to keep on hand. juuuuust in case.

@Erica - hello ma'am! so, if you click on the picture, it'll take you to flikr, where you can hit the 'share' button (upper left side) to pin things. i am working on seeing if there's an easier way...let me know if that doesn't work!

Eric said...

The circles where the cranes sit happen to be sized perfectly for jello-shot-cups. Your genius knows no bounds.

Anji* said...

Love this post. the inside messages are the icing on the cake, or card. and I am so happy you used the word 'degeneracy'.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails