you can always tell how good your friends are by the types of activities you engage in. the two friends that flew in to visit this past weekend are awesome. we did all the usual touristy stuff, the walking around the city, the eating at fancy places and the strolling through boutiques. but we also sat around the apartment one night, drank scotch and made stuffed peppers.
you don't do that with just anyone, folks.
anyway, as you might expect, an apartment full of four girls generates a large amount of TP tubes. i think that's probably all the detail about that that we need to get into. as i was dumping them into the recycle bin, i thought about how tragic it was to get rid of so many perfectly good cardboard tubes. so then i saved them and made them into little pillow boxes instead.
toilet paper tubes (one per pillow box)
1. cut your paper to fit around a TP tube. then, using the gluestick, glue the paper around the tube.
2. on one end of the TP tube, fold the top edge down into a curved crease. do the same to the bottom edge. repeat with the other end of the TP tube.
3. add more paper and tie with ribbon.
you can also go hippie style and keep the TP tubes au naturale, without the decorative paper. you hussy, you.
4. find something cool to put in them.
5. give away. or keep them on your coffee table. on a plate.
you know, whatever suits you.
who knew recycling could be so stylish? these things are better dressed than i am.