Wednesday, April 21, 2010

embossed wine tags

weekend update...
- saw avenue q, which was full of promised inappropriateness and puppets.  if you haven't seen it, i highly recommend it.  but don't bring your kids.  or your parents, for that matter. 
- went to my first toga party! 
- lost my beloved roommate/homie to a brand new jobby job in LA.  =(


the weddings are beginning to take over now.  i suppose we are at that age, but it still shocks me that i have friends that are getting married, buying houses, and doing all sorts of other grown up things.  after all, my mother got married when she was my age.  however, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that i am nowhere even CLOSE to ready for such craziness.  this belief was further validated when i got home and made myself dinner tonight: udon noodles with soy sauce.  and some sweet corn.  from a can.  i mean, i was happy with it, but i can't imagine subjecting another human being to my cooking.  and i use that term loosely.


anyway, back to the point — weddings.  weddings imply engagements, and engagements deserve presents!  i've been trying to figure out a wine tag design i like, since wine seems like a pretty sweet engagement present.
so here's what i've come up with so far.


i guess i should have written something more engagement-appropriate. 
instead of 'thank you.' 
but whatever.

also, i'm not in love with this design, since it makes the bottle seem like it's wearing pasties.  


i've been experimenting with embossing powders to get the raised texture on the tags. 
i'm still working on it. 


the stamps are from paper source, and i'm obsessed with them.  love them.  if i could, i would marry them, and give myself stamped chrysanthemum wine tags as engagement gifts. 


good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your tags & the concept for using them.
~Molly

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails